Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Which lame guy should I pick?

Dear Liam -

I’m dealing with some last semester before college boy tensions, and I want to know which platonic friend I should upgrade to

The first friend (We'll call him Joe) has a girlfriend but they've been on the verge of a break up for half the year. I've always kind of liked him and I think there's a chance that he at least kind of likes me. We're probably going to the same college next fall so that's a huge plus and like I said, I've pretty much always had a thing for him...

But then there's my other friend (He'll be Bob) who just recently told my best friend that he might like me. We've been pretty tight lately but I had no idea that he was interested. I've never liked him like that, but I don't want to miss out on something that has the potential to be great. Also I kind of think he just really wants a girlfriend and I'm the only one in our group of friends who isn't dating anyone.

Should I hold out for 'Joe' even though he's technically taken right now and I'm not even sure he's interested, or risk my friendship with 'Bob'? I live in a small town so if things go South with either of my friends its gonna be one hell of a long semester....

Thanks
“Friends” ‘til the End


Dear Friends ‘til the End:

How about C, none of the above? Both Joe and Bob sound like horrible options. Joe has a girlfriend who he refuses to break up with and likely has no interest in dating you. Bob has never impressed you, and is a guy who just wants to get his rocks off before he goes off to college.

Why not enjoy the time you have left with your friends without forcing yourself into a ridiculous relationship with one of them? You have 6 months until graduation. Who knows, maybe you’ll meet someone totally new and totally better, and have a magical summer fling before the frat guys get their turn.

Excelsior!

Liam



Friends forever!

No comments: