Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How to f*ck your shy friends

Dear Jackie Treehorn and Co. -

I have liked this boy for a very long time. We talk occasionally but not that much. I try very hard to make casual conversation, and to get him to notice me but it doesn’t seem to do much. I can’t say I think he’s completely uninterested, because I’ll look up in class every now and then and he’ll be looking at me. But I can’t ever get him to have a long conversation with me.

Maybe he’s just shy? Or maybe I am wrong and he is completely uninterested? What do you think?

Much love,
Lonely Lucy

Dearest Lonely –

You probably won’t be lonely much longer. From your description, it sounds like the gentleman in question is a shy, sweet dude who probably has a crush on you and is too verklempt to do anything about it. The staring at class is a dead giveaway, unless you have something horrifying in your teeth.

You’re a woman of the 21st century, so take charge and make the first move. Invite him to hang outside of school. If he’s shy, invite him and a buddy to go somewhere with a larger group first. You’ll be getting your extra curricular activities on in no time.

Sloppy Kisses,
Liam

No comments: