Friday, February 13, 2009

NOT a good boyfriend candidate

Dearest Liam,

I've been "seeing" this boy (and yes, I say boy and you will soon see why) for about 4-5 months. We have a lot of fun. I'm not a commitment fan and neither is he, and there are certain flaws I choose to ignore.

He's a bit younger than me, he works more sporadically than a Hilton sister, he's stoned about 85% of the time, he cancels plans with me on a regular basis, and he's been with more girls than I care to mention. It’s casual, so no worries.

The problem is that now I think he's starting to actually care for me a little more than you would a normal friend with benefits. What's even more terrifying is I may like him too, although I'm not quite quick to admit it. Do you think I can trust such a person to not completely burn me? Is it even worth it to try and build a relationship with someone who is on such a radically different path?

Help!
(Girl)friend with benefits?


Dear Girlfriend –

It sounds very nice that your casual sexual relationship is turning into something meaningful. And yes, perhaps your increasing mutual affection will help reign in some of his personality defects.

But in all honesty he sounds like a horrible boyfriend candidate, and he will be as lazy in your relationship as he is in his life. Its already pretty clear he doesn’t really care. Regularly cancelled plans, constantly stoned, and rampant promiscuity. Sounds like a keeper!

Seriously though, don’t get sucked into his lackadaisical charm. He’s a young, flaky, horny pot head. He will only disappoint you. There is a tiny chance I’m wrong, but you know in your heart that I’m not.

Suerte,
Liam

1 comment:

Kells said...

Matt totally wrote these responses, because the salutations are in espanol. aye aye aye. As well as they are well structured sentences. He's still got his education, and being a rock star hasn't melted his brain, to the point he can only remember his songs. wow this may sound mean but it is good in every way and i am commending him.